Your favorite 2 - 5 pound sliced smoked ham
Lucille’s Favorite Bourbon Brown Sugar Glaze
⅓ cup light brown sugar
2 tablespoons Lucille’s Favorite Barbecue Rub
1 ounce of your favorite bourbon (or mine if you don’t mind, Four Roses)
1 cookie sheet with sides
- In a medium bowl add light brown sugar, Lucille's Favorite Barbecue Rub and bourbon and mix with a wire whisk and set aside.
- Get your smoker started with a mix of hickory and applewood chips. I like a strong smoke flavor so I use hickory for this recipe. If you don’t want that deep smoky flavor try using just applewood chips. Heat your smoker to 225 degrees.
- Place the ham directly on the grill grate of the smoker with a cookie sheet below it to catch the excess glaze.
- Smoke the ham for 1.5 hours and mop on Lucille’s Favorite Bourbon Brown Sugar Glaze with a brush.
- Smoke for another 30 minutes and you’re done. Remove from the smoker and serve with Lucille’s Favorite Sweet & Spicy Barbecue Sauce.